Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chick-Fil-A

While I am not a fan of most chain and fast-food restaurants, this one is different. Whenever I go into a place I can't help but break down its business model in my mind. What does it do well...what does it do poorly? Chick-Fil-A wins my restaurant of the year award (1st annual). Let me explain:

-Chicken ONLY
-Chicken is delicious, juicy, and white. The meat is high quality breast meat
-It is not greasy and nasty like KFC...and no skin
-The breading is LIGHT. McDonald's chicken selects are heavily breaded - gross
-Sauces are awesome. The buffalo sauce is similar to what you would get at a buffalo wild wings or wingers. There are others as well
-Wraps are delicious - with lots of meat.
-The fries are way better than anywhere else. I'm not sure why, they just are.
-Free-refills on FRESH SQUEEZED LEMONADE. None of that syrup crap from the fountain (so nasty)
-PRICES. ARE. SO. GOOD. Jenn and I both get as much as we want for under 10 bucks.

So if you ever need to stop at a fast food restaurant or just want a low cost date AND you are lucky enough to have one nearby - GO. The price/quality ratio is freakin awesome.

Here is some bonus info for those of you who wish to help the company glorify God while you dine (the founder is southern baptist):

The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

Chicken 5:14 - Go thee wherefore and raise me up a chicken. Be a good steward over my chicken, and I will give thee many chickens. Fry them up in peanut oil herewith, and dip them in buffalo sauce. Then shall thee proclaim, "EAT MOR CHIKIN!"



PS. This is a privately owned corporation, i.e., no franchises, no stock, no nothing.

Closed Sundays.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you must have been bored. ;) But I must say, I did enjoy your post. I have never been there! We don't have one here, but you convinced me to visit on when I move to Utah. :)

Aaron said...

Nope, I wasn't bored at all. I really like Chick-Fil-A a lot, so I thought I would share it with ya'll. Are you bored? ;)

Anonymous said...

Every drive home from school I pass a Chick-Fil-A. I might just give it a try now so thanks for the recommendation. My only hesitation would be my staunch belief in a separation of church and chicken.

Anonymous said...

I also would like to say something about your blog in general. I think an important part of writing is that you allow your personality to show through. I feel like both you and Jen accomplish this. I can hear your voice when I read and that's what makes it enjoyable.

Why am I acting like an English teacher? Just keep bloggin'!